Michael is a Business Analyst who has been working in the Wellington IT industry for over 30 years across many different sectors including health, education, conservation, tax, and transportation.
His desire to understand and make a positive difference to those he works with has led him from technical IT roles to the business analyst role where he is able to reflect that understanding back to clients in a way that adds value.
Michael’s experience as a business analyst and IT consultant has enabled him to develop a diverse skillset and knowledge-base that includes:
- Business and systems analysis skills across both standard and Agile projects, including analysis, design, requirements, business rules and management
- Presentation, requirements elicitation and workshop facilitation skills
- Software development team skills and awareness in both conventional and geospatial environments
- Testing skills including acceptance test driven development (ATDD), user acceptance testing and smoke testing
- Training and coaching skills covering delivery, implementation and ongoing support
- Experience with Agile, Kanban and Scrum software practices
"My biggest source of satisfaction comes from being able to add value by understanding the customer need and then helping them define and achieve the outcome required."
Michael is a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and has been a member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) since 2014.
Away from work Michael is a member of Toastmasters and full time taxi driver and side line supporter to the many activities of his wife and 4 children.