Just give me a quick overview...
- With IT Advisory Services we advise and you do - get trusted advice and independent quality assurance from specialist experts so that you, your people and your suppliers can deliver what is required
- With IT Consulting Services we advise and we do - get the right advice with us helping to deliver the work and the expected outcome
- Get Principal Consultants and Senior IT Practitioners with specialist expertise and a load of experience
- Get the best people, independent advice, and quality results.
Give me all the gory details...
We've been around the block
Our people have on average over 18 years of IT experience. So as you can imagine our Principal Consultants and Senior IT Practitioners have been around the block many times since we were founded in 1995. They've helped our clients avoid career ending mistakes, get out of the shit, and achieve stunning results. These Principal Consultants and Senior IT Practitioners are the people you will be working with when you engage Equinox IT for our IT Advisory and Consulting services.
Our IT advisory services (we advise / you do)
We advise you so that you, your people and your suppliers can deliver the right result
Our advisory services allow you to gain the benefits of our Principal Consultant and Senior IT Practitioner's knowledge, experience and advice, without using them to do the work. Often these are small, targeted engagements or agreed hours per month retainers.
Access to specialist IT advice
Use us as your trusted advisor for the areas of specialist expertise you need when you don't have this capability internally. We advise you in the following areas to help you make the best decisions:
- IT strategy
- Digital strategy
- Architecture strategy
- Business and technology feasibility
- Project planning, governance, risks and delivery
- Digital transformation and enablement
- Agile development approaches and management coaching
- Practical DevOps advice
- Software development practice and tooling advice
- Business change and process improvement.
Independent quality assurance and reviews
Use us to independently quality assure or review your programme, project, technology, or software. Make sure that your supplier is delivering projects and technology solutions that are consistent with your needs. We deliver the following assurance and review services:
- Programme and project IQA
- Project risk assessments
- Technical or technology solution IQA
- Software code review
- Software forensics
GCIO Assurance Services Sub-panel
Equinox IT is on the GCIO Assurance Services Sub-panel, allowing us to deliver programme, project and IT technology-based assurance services to all New Zealand Government agencies. Find out more about the services we deliver on this panel.
Our IT consulting services (we advise / we do)
We advise, do the work, and take responsibility for achieving the outcome
Use us when you need specialist expertise to deliver a result and you don't have the required capability internally. Our IT consulting services are wide ranging to meet the breadth of your needs.
IT and Digital Strategy
- IT strategy development and support
- Digital strategy development and support
- Business and IT alignment
- Business continuity planning
- Project governance management
- Project planning and initiation
- Project management and delivery
- Project and technology risk management
Lean, Agile and DevOps implementation
- Agile and DevOps assessments
- Lean and Agile development implementation
- Practical DevOps implementation
- Continuous deployment and continuous integration implementation
- Running Agile and DevOps teams and virtual ScrumMasters
Analysis and architecture
- Business analysis
- Business change
- Process improvement
- Solution architecture
- Infrastructure architecture
- Software design
- Site reliability engineering teams
- Performance risk assessment
- Performance testing
- Application performance monitoring
- Performance diagnosis and resolution
- Performance tool evaluation and implementation
- Software performance advice and mentoring.
What you can count on:
- Our best people – known and trusted for their IT expertise, hand-picked for your needs
- Independence – we keep these activities separate from the rest of our business; our advice will always be in your best interests only.
- Certainty of results – outcomes explicitly agreed and delivered
- Quality – other team members will independently QA the engagement approach and deliverables, as agreed with you
- Being fully informed – from status reporting to early insights, you'll have full insight to the work
- Smooth sailing – while we're straight shooters, we pride ourselves in being a good bunch of people who are honourable and easy to work with
- Brain trust access – our consultants have direct access to the Equinox IT Universal Mind of other Principal Consultants and Senior IT Practitioners
- Client knowledge base – we retain knowledge and records of work performed so we hit the ground running on future engagements
- Integrity – we stand behind our work and deliver on our commitments.