System reliability may be hurting you
Today's users and customers simply expect your systems to work and work well. Based on their experiences with Google, Amazon and Facebook they have been conditioned to use systems that are available, reliable and fast. When this is not the case with your systems it hurts you – you may lose customers, revenue, productivity, goodwill and reputation.
Equinox IT has a long history of helping clients with difficult problems relating to technical architecture, cloud and on-premise platforms, challenging systems, complex software projects and crippling performance issues.
We bring all of that experience and capability together in our Site Reliability Engineering Teams, with the focus on helping you achieve reliable, efficient and responsive system performance.
The service is much more than performance testing, which is just one tool in this team's toolkit.
A DevOps approach to reliability and performance
Our Site Reliability Engineering Teams bring a cross-functional DevOps approach to help you achieve reliable, efficient and responsive system performance. The service encompasses our range of technical capabilities and engineering disciplines to deliver a complete reliability and performance result for your organisation.
Designing, delivering and tuning systems for reliability and performance
Our Site Reliability Engineering Teams place particular focus on:
- Reliability and availability of your systems, on whatever platforms they are hosted
- Latency to reduce the impact of networks, integration and distance
- Load and response time - designing, monitoring and tuning for high performance
- Capacity planning and demand forecasting to accurately service expected usage
- Efficiency to maximise system capacity utilisation and minimise total cost of operation.
Pragmatic approaches combined with deep technical know how
Equinox IT is known for its hands-on pragmatic approaches and technical depth. We use proven approaches, but right-size these for New Zealand conditions and our clients' specific contexts.
The service is delivered by experienced technical specialists, who as a team bring together the disciplines of infrastructure and solution architecture, software engineering, operating system and network engineering, system administration, cloud implementation, performance engineering, load testing, production system monitoring, and practical problem solving and trouble shooting.
Suitable for the latest IT technologies and models
The way organisations approach reliability needs to continuous change to suit today's IT technologies and models. Our Site Reliability Engineering Teams work with the latest tools and approaches, and will help you with:
- Systems that run in the cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, hybrid cloud or on-premise
- System usage that is continuously moving from Capex to Opex models
- Systems involving complex relationships of vendors, integrations and platforms
- Systems delivered using cross-functional, Agile and DevOps practices.