Understand business needs and concerns
Solution architecture focuses on understanding the needs and concerns of the business to make the right technical decisions when undertaking IT initiatives.
Provide technical leadership
Solution architecture provides technical leadership for projects to identify and design the right solution to meet business and project objectives. This may include, but is not limited to, deciding:
- Whether to build or buy
- What technology platforms to use
- How the IT solution will scale
- How to integrate with other systems
- What development approach is suitable.
Implement the right IT systems
To ensure that you get the right IT results for your business, solution architecture involves aligning IT systems with strategic plans, adhering to enterprise architecture standards, and supporting projects through governance processes and review boards.
Address non-functional requirements
Solution architects actively engage in understanding and addressing non-functional requirements such as usability, reliability, performance and supportability, as these are critical to the success of delivering IT projects.
See our solution architecture resources which include recorded webinars, ebooks and frequently asked questions.
See the full set of architecture training delivered by Equinox IT.
How we can help...
We work with you to make the right technology decisions on your projects and to grow your people to become architectural leaders.
Equinox IT has a dedicated team of architecture consultants in our Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand offices. Our people combine a broad understanding of information technology and solution delivery with a deep technical knowledge to help you make better, informed technical decisions.
We can help you to:
- Assess the capability of your architecture team
- Identify and implement suitable architecture practices and frameworks
- Identify the right IT solution for your business and provide technical oversight to your deliver team
- Lead solution architecture activities for a team or project
- Work with your technology teams and vendors as your trusted technical advisor
- Assure that your technology decisions are robust and that architectural standards are adhered to
- Resource solution architecture roles on your projects
- Grow the capability of your architecture team members through training and mentoring.