Carl is a Principal Consultant who helps you get better results from IT using Lean and Agile methods. He provides advice, training, coaching and mentoring, and works as part of your team to lead the delivery of something great. He also provides project and programme QA services (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid) and can assist with project setup and transitioning PMOs to support iterative and agile delivery.
His current and recent assignments include:
- Scrum Master and Agile Coach for a major government department
- Agile programme management to digitise vehicle inspections (Azure PaaS and Angular 5 on ruggedised devices)
- Agile programme management to digitise practical driver tests (AWS and Android)
- Customised training in Agile Fundamentals, Agile Project Management, Product Ownership, Lean and Kanban
- Programme IQA for a NZ University's ERP solution
- Programme IQA for a major city council's ERP solution
- Migrating a client from a NZ datacentre to Microsoft Azure
- TQA review for a major government department
- Agile, architecture, and general IT consulting advice.
Carl's key areas of expertise include:
- Agile delivery and governance approaches (Advanced Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Agile Leader)
- Lean and Agile training, coaching and mentoring (Equinox IT certified instructor)
- Delivery in complex environments
- Programme and project management (PMP and PRINCE2 certified)
- Project and programme governance and assurance.
Carl is a Certified Project Management Professional, Certified Agile Leader, Advanced Certified ScrumMaster and Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. He reads prolifically on Agile, Lean, Kanban, DevOps, Project Management and Systems Theory and is a deep thinker on IT agile and DevOps leadership.
He has a Bachelor of Business Studies and a Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration.
Outside of work Carl is a family man and a fantastic photographer.