Your use of Equinox IT's website and / or services shows you consent to Equinox IT's collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the manner set out below.
1. The information we collect
Equinox IT operates the website http://www.equinox.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our websites and services:
- Personally identifiable Information: This is provided by you when you complete one of our forms to register for enquiries, call backs, competitions, subscriptions, ebooks, webinars, events, paid services or any other offer we have. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you if you want to provide it. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide your information. Note, where we don't need your personally identifiable information, for example if you are visiting our website from a market in which we do not operate, then we try to use forms that do not collect this specific information.
- Aggregated Data: This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our websites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Equinox IT provides services for customers, including consultancy, advisory, delivery and training services. To provide these services we collect the following information:
- Personal contact information (which may include, but is not limited to email address, LinkedIn address, mobile number and DDI number)
- Job role / title
- Company name
- Company contact information (which may include, but is not limited to company web site address, email address, physical street address, postal address, company phone number and company facsimile number).
If you contact us (digitally or otherwise), leave comments on our website or otherwise post information on any of our web pages (including social media sites such as Facebook or LinkedIn) we may keep a record of that contact.
2. Security of personal information
Equinox IT secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment provided by our suppliers or ourselves, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
3. Who we share this information with
- Your details are securely stored by Equinox IT or our service providers. For any information stored with our service providers our agreements with them require them to protect from any unauthorised use the information that we disclose to them.
- Personally identifiable information may be shared with business partners when Equinox IT has collected information for services we deliver together in partnership with that business partner (for example, a training course that Equinox IT is marketing and administering but a training business partner is delivering).
- Outside of the circumstances outlined in points 2 and 5, we will not share personally identifiable information with business partners or any other third parties without your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection).
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
Equinox IT will never sell, rent or lease its customer lists or information to third parties.
4. What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any transactions that you might make on our website
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, or market research that we might undertake (see point 5 below)
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission or which we notified you of at the time of collection
- For any other purposes which are directly connected with the above purposes.
With our current systems from time to time we may need to use your information for testing purposes. Where such testing takes place Equinox IT will make sure that your information is not damaged or viewed by anyone who is not authorised.
5. Our marketing activities
From time to time Equinox IT will undertake marketing activities for the services that we provide. The following describes our use of personal data for marketing purposes:
Our information sources
Most of the personally identifiable data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may collect data through our website. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including public content from social media websites. This is used to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
Targeted outbound marketing
We send commercial outbound content (email or letter) to people within our clients or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with New Zealand marketing laws. Where the targeted outbound marketing is email, our messages typically include technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing email you receive from us, we may also use a cookie to log what webpages you view and what content you download from our website, even if you are not registered at or signed into our website.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases
Equinox IT uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our relationship with our clients. This includes our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personally identifiable data belonging to individuals at our clients and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personally identifiable data used for these purposes includes information that we collect for the provision of services (as per section '1 The information we collect'). It may also include publicly available information (e.g. personal web sites, links to blog posts), your responses to previous marketing activities (including web activity following links from our emails or after the completion of one of our forms), website activity of known visitors to our website, and other business information collected by Equinox IT staff based on their interactions with you. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, please contact us using the contact details in section '13 Access to your information'.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by utilising opt-in and opt-out mechanisms available both at the time you provide information to us and in outbound marketing activities that we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases at any time by contacting us using the contact details in section '13 Access to your information'. In such cases, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
Cookies can also provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Explorer, Firefox or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our websites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our website
- Tune our website to provide the most value to our users
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
7. Our partners and links to third parties
8. Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services, such as receiving ongoing email communication, and to opt out of those services at any time. This does not apply to paid services where opting out of the service will be subject to the terms and conditions agreed for the provision of that service.
In cases where you have opted out, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
9. How long we hold personal information
We may retain all personal information that we collect for as long as administratively necessary, in accordance with Equinox IT's information retention and disposal schedule.
The Public Records Act 2005 and other New Zealand regulations requires us to retain some information for set periods of time. In some circumstances, your personally identifiable data may be included within information that is required to be kept, including (for example) invoicing and payment information.
10. Data breach reporting
The Privacy Act and General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) requires that reasonable and appropriate protection is made around information, including personal information and customer data (“Information”), and that certain data breaches are reported to the relevant authorities.
In the event that a data breach occurs or, a data breach is suspected, Equinox IT will follow this Policy and the below response plan to contain, assess and respond appropriately:
- Initial notification: If Equinox IT staff become aware of an actual or suspected data breach they will immediately notify Equinox IT's Privacy Officer with information regarding the data breach
- Preliminary assessment: Our Privacy Officer shall facilitate the collation of information regarding the data breach
- Assessment of risk: Our Privacy Officer in conjunction with management will assess the severity of the data breach based on the information received
- Notification: Our Privacy Officer in conjunction with management will consider whether notification to the relevant authority and/or affected individuals is required and, if notification is required, make that notification
- Review: Equinox IT will undertake an internal review of the circumstances to consider if further action is required.
11. Changes to this policy
13. Access to your information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. You may make a request to access the personal information held about you, and Equinox IT will provide it as long as we have such information and can readily retrieve it. You may also ask us to correct personal information held about you that is not accurate or up-to-date.
To find out more or to notify us of changes, you may contact us by mail, email, or telephone:
Mail: Marketing and Communications Manager, Equinox Limited, PO Box 10168, Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Telephone: +64 4 499 9450